Internet Safety Tips for School Seniors
- Don't give out the personal information.
Personal information is your cell phone number, e-mail, home address and photos of you, your family or friends..
- Know that if you share the photos or video on the Internet - everyone can see them.
- Please don't reply to spam (unsolicited e-mail).
- Know that it’s not a good idea to open files that are from people you don’t know. You won’t know what they contain – it could be a virus, or worse – an inappropriate image or video.
- Do not add the strangers to your contact list in IM (ICQ, MSN messenger, etc.)
- Remember that virtual friends may lie about themselves.
- Know that it’s better to keep online mates online. Don’t meet up with any strangers without an adult you trust. Better to be uncool than unsafe!
- Know that it’s never too late to tell someone if something makes you feel uncomfortable.
You can help us to combat child pornography, reporting to our HotLine!